Did you fall out of your healthy routine this summer? Not to worry, it happens to all of us. To me fall is like the New Year, a new season to look at your current habits and ask yourself: How’s that working for me? With kids back at school and most people back to their normal routine, the fall is an amazing time to re-evaluate your health goals. That’s why I created Ready | Set | Strong, my 6 Week Online Program which began just this week for an amazing group of busy, working professionals. They are crushing it already after just one week, and you can too!
No need for any FOMO! I will let you know very soon, before I open registration for our next round which begins January 2, 2018 for the New Year! Until then, keep your eyes peeled so you can sign up before all the spots are gone. I’m only taking 25 people!
Until then, I will keep sharing my knowledge and content with you through my newsletter, blog posts, press interviews, and social media. Speaking of press, check out the Women in Business Q&A I did with Huffington Post this week. I am honored! So awesome, right?!
Here are 5 ways to help you fall back into a healthier you while still keeping those summer vibes:
1. Set New Goals: It’s really important to know what you want to accomplish. Writing your health goals down reminds you on a consistent basis why you’re doing what you’re doing so you can stay on track. While it’s good to have a big picture, try and make smaller goals leading up to the big picture so you don’t get discouraged. For example, instead of saying I want to lose 10 pounds, break that down into smaller goals like 1-2 lbs. a week.
2. Make A Plan of Action: Now that you know what health goals you want to reach it’s time to make a plan of action. If your goal is to lose 1-2lbs a week, what are you going to do to achieve that? Are you going to cut back on your sugar intake? Focus on drinking more water? Plan your meals, so you are less likely to grab unhealthy food? Whatever it is, write it down and review your plan on a daily basis. Keep in mind if you need help and have no idea where to start, drop by the store, email or call and we would be happy to help!
3. Re-evaluate Your Supplements: I think it’s a great idea to re-evaluate your supplements every season. I like to go through my daily regime and ask myself do I still need this or what am I missing? With the days starting to get shorter and cold and flu season approaching it’s important to make sure you have your basis covered. Are you taking enough vitamin d or omega 3’s? Do you have immune boosters on hand in case you need them? Going through this every season will help you not get overwhelmed with taking too many things and will allow you focus on taking what you do need consistently!
4. Eat Seasonally: We know our bodies love us when we feed it fresh in-season produce. Visit your local farmer’s markets, local farms or local veggie seller and purchase beautiful in-season produce. Foods to incorporate this fall; parsnips, turnip, squash, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, pumpkin, figs, apples, pears, cranberries…just to name a few! And, depending on where you live, often times you can still get berries, and other fruits throughout the end of the year.
5. Get Outside: Most of us are pretty good at getting outside when the weather is nice however don’t let the cool weather prevent you from going outside and enjoying the beautiful crisp season. Fall in Gold Country, in Northern California where I live is one of the most beautiful times of the year, so make it a priority to bundle up and move your body!
Your health will thank you for it!